Re: [NTLK] OT Safari does damage...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 21:28:11 EST

on 14/01/03 21:19, Brian Pearce at bpearce_at_cloud9.net wrote:

>> ...Jaguar was installed over the previous OS X, not a reformat.
>
> Ordinarily, I wouldn't have gone to the trouble to reformat my drive
> before installing OS X 10.2...stuff like that often seems based more in
> superstition than in actual fact. But I did so, and I haven't had any
> problems whatsoever; you might give that a try.

I second Brian's suggestion. I did 2 clean installations on a lot less
powerful machines and I don't have any slowdown or any problem so far.
Actually, Jaguar was a huge improvement on that PowerBook G3 400 MHz and my
B&W G4 at 500 MHz. If you can, and I know it is some trouble, but erase the
disk and do a clean install.

-Laurent.

cretinous /kret'n-*s/ or /kreet'n-*s/ adj.: Wrong; stupid; non-functional; very poorly designed. Also used pejoratively of people. See dread high-bit disease for an example. Approximate synonyms: bletcherous, bagbiting, losing, brain-damaged.