Re: [NTLK] Way to tell if Newton is Japanese?

From: John Anderson (dearjohn_at_everchanging.com)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 14:01:09 EST

While the text is unicode while stored on the Newton (and in the Mac
for that matter) they don't seem to be able to transfer text as
Unicode. Or am I missing something? The only encodings I found in the
platform file were:

/* constant */ kMacRomanEncoding := 1;
/* constant */ kASCIIEncoding := 2;
/* constant */ kPCRomanEncoding := 3;
/* constant */ kWizardEncoding := 4;
/* constant */ kShiftJISEncoding := 5;

Right now I use MacRoman, but I want to switch to ShiftJIS if I'm
syncing to a Japanese newton. But perhaps I'll just let the user choose
in the prefs somewhere.

John Anderson
everchanging

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html