Re: [NTLK] Help, I need a new newt

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 19:06:42 EST

>Just recently, it
>started not being able to pick up when I put my pointer anywhere on the left
>hand side of the screen. This means that i can't adjust where it picks up
>the pointer, since I can't get to extras.

You might want to try the following:

1) Run a business card in the gap between the top part of the case and the display to
get rid of any residue that is in there. Tiny particles can easily mislead your Newton's
digitizer. If this doesn't fix it, ...

2) Install DataRescue on a memory card via an eMate or a second Newton.
If you don't have one, I'm sure one of the list members will be able to
help you out.

3) Start a backup utility on your desktop machine.

4) Power Newtie up and put in the card. DataRescue will automatically try
to establish a connection. Once it is established, do a full backup.

5) Try all resets outlined here: http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html

If this still doesn't fix things, let us know.

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html