Re: [NTLK] OT---AOL launches in X

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 17:09:51 EST

Yeah, had to raise the memory allocation to 117 MB. to work ok, but I had
so many problems with 6.x and 7.x, I went back to 4.79. I use IE 5.x for
'IE-preferred' sites. :-P But the 'Mess.' email part has been ok.
------------------
>Ah, but I'm talking about the 4.x version! Seems like it chokes & pukes
on an awful lot of pages. And they never fixed that "Oh, I've just
successfully drawn the page, so let's blank the whole thing and draw it all
over again" bug. Now, it's not entirely the browser's fault -- there's
entirely too many folks coding their pages for stuff that only works on
WinTel or to use the latest fancy bells & whistles that convey no
information, the page's author just thinks it looks cool. Kinda poetic
justice really. After all, there was a time where all other browsers
choked on the latest Netscape-isms.

>- Eric.

!ooW %-)
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
www.lanug.org

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html