[NTLK] D-Link DWL-650 wireless card - voltage question-redux

From: Lonsethbill_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 17:31:52 EST

Hi group (sorry, make that: list)!

I'm a longtime digest lurker, few posts, but a solid Newt owner: mp 100, 110,
120 (2),130, 2000U, since 1999.

Shameless advertisement follows:
Also a member of the local NUG in Portland, Oregon. Usually only 5-6
attendees at meetings, but all very enthusiastic! Anyone in the area, you're
very welcome to join us: 3rd Wed. of each month. Get in touch! :-)

And:
Kudos to *everyone* for all the great work to keep our little green pals
alive! I can't quite believe all the amazing development that's still going
on after all these years - in computer years, it's been decades, at least.
Way to go, Victor, Paul, Hiroshi, PCBman, Frank, Steve, Rich, Daniel, Don,
and all the others - developing both s/w *and* h/w as well as this list,
UNNA, etc. - too numerous to mention! We are all seriously in your debt.

But I digress. The Question:
(Disclaimer: yes, I did RTFM *and* RTFFAQ [a veritable font of information,
that] first.)

Earlier this month, IIRC, Scotty Technoir allowed as how his DWL-650 was
still working fine since last winter as was his Newt (IDR which model..)

What I wanted to know, Scotty, is: my card says v.I2 (that's a capital i),
whereas your card is v.12 (that's twelve, or a numeral one instead of the
capital i on my card). Are we maybe really both in possesion of the same rev?
If you could confirm that yours is either a one or a capital i, I'd be very
interested to know. And, how's everything working so far? Well, I hope.

Waiting to hear more before I put the card in again, not a bleeding-edge-type
guy...

TIA, Keep Newtin'
Bill Lonseth
lonseth_at_mac.com