Re: [NTLK] OT---AOL launches in X

From: Brian Carstensen (reggie.lives_at_netzero.com)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 09:50:31 EST

> As a side note, I *really* don't get why Apple
> used KHTML.. I use Konqueror on KDE, and it is *not* better than
> Mozilla/Gecko... It's rendering is pretty sucky in fact...

I agree, but supposedly the Gecko code is so obese it would have taken
a long long time to sift through it all and figure out how it actually
works, and even longer to modify it to be what Apple wanted. The KHTML
is very small and streamlined, and thus easier to work with.

Either way, we get a shiney new web browser to play with. :)

- Brian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html