Re: [NTLK] eMate batteries

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 04:13:59 EST

"Fisher, Patrick" <patrick.m.fisher_at_wamu.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to this list.
>
> I just acquired an eMate with a battery that is in a "toast" state
and
> am looking for a replacement. Not really interested in homebrewing a
> battery pack.

Keep your old battery pack for the time when you find yourself ready
to do so ...!

> Although it seems rather obvious, I did a search at the Interstate
> Batteries site for "emate" and came up with the following link.
However,
> there is no information pertaining to Emate and I just wanted to
clarify
> that I can put this battery in my eMate and charge it up.

I bought an eMate battery from Interstate Batteries (in fact, I think
I was responsible for them running out a few months ago after I posted
the info on this list!). My niece is happily using it to charge her
eMate with no problems (well, if you don't count the fact that she has
misplaced her charger .....).

> I could email Interstate, but there are so many batteries there, I
> assume the help there would not know about such an obscure product.
>
> Thanks!
> Patrick
>
> Here is the link:

(*snip*)

Well, your link came through garbled, for some reason (I think) ...
and when I clicked on it, the Interstate Battery page said "no such
product" or something similar.

Tried a search with their search window (just typed in 'emate'), and
came up with this link:

http://www.ibsa.com/estore/view_product_detail.asp?mscssid=3DCCREESV0S
LQ2%3D8N40PFNJPUHM1F500439&part_number=NIC0720&category_id=0&find_spec
=emate&js=1

They are available.

Good luck ....

--gdw