Re: [NTLK] Owner Info Password Forgotten - Idea?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 18:28:37 EST

À (At) 5:12 +0800 19/01/03, Ímè¨ã‚ écrivait (wrote) :
>My MP2K act as an loyal alarm clock for years.
>However, I just got fun with a WaveLAN card installed... I discovered
>that my Owner Info was locked with a password.
>
>I really have no idea with that, do any good method to deal with?
>
>Personally I don't want to Hard reset my machine as some of the pkg is
>very valuable and as a Windows User, I can't backup thru NCU because of
>cheapy connection.....
>
>Idea please.

You can easily remove the password with the following two lines (to
execute in ViewFrame or NTK for example):
SetUserConfig('usePassword, nil); // should be useless with your Newton
SetUserConfig('passwordKey, nil);

The Newton is fast enough to crack a 4 digit password in few minutes.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/