[NTLK] NCU vs. Keyspan PDA Adaptor

From: Chad Chamberlain (macmanchad_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 13:21:08 EST

Hi all,

As of last week I'm the proud new owner of a MP 2000 upgraded to 2100
status. Unfortunately, I've already run into an issue. My current plan to
keep my Mac and my Newton in sync is to start using Claris Organizer (as
opposed to Entourage) to handle my scheduling, while Newtourage will keep my
contact lists in check. I don't know if this matters as to my current
conundrum, but here's what's up: I've installed the Newton Connection
Utilities (from the unna.org website as I don't have a floppy drive) and
every time I start the thing, it gives this message about how AppleTalk
isn't active. This I know, so I click OK and the main window says to set my
connection preferences, so into the preferences panel I go and the only
places that I can "listen for the Newton" are AppleTalk and the internal
modem. I just bought the Keyspan PDA adaptor and it worked beautifully for
Newtourage to do its duty...is there some sort of patch/hack to get NCU to
recognize the PDA adaptor's port? Or do I have to do something else
entirely?

BTW- I get the list in digest mode, so if responders could please CC my
email macmanchad_at_yahoo.com directly, I'll see your response much
faster...and get my Newton up and running much faster!

Thanks in advance!
Chad

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html