Re: [NTLK] Another Newbie Question

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 08:34:37 EST

on 22/01/03 04:31, Nirai at nagata_at_nirai.ne.jp wrote:

> Greeting from Okinawa, Japan. I just recently purchase a MP2100 and two
> MP130's. All of them are beautiful. I haven't had either of them connected
> to my iMac (OS 9.2) yet, and am taking my time to learn the green machine
> and also read the postings. Alot to learn, but fun.
> In short, I certainly would like to receive a copy of the original software
> that came with these beauties (and be willing to pay and have an FPO AP
> address for mailing). A plus for me would be to have the Newtgroup provide a
> suggested best short list of software programs that work well with the
> MessagePad and links or/and resources. I do understand that everyone has
> their favorite, but a list would certainly help in getting started,
> especially in the wireless direction. Thank you for allowing me to be apart
> of something very interesting.

Ray,

Check in the FAQ (see URL at the end of this message). Alternatively, search
the NewtonTalk archive <http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/>. This has been
discussed a lot in the past. That always depend on what you want to do...

-Laurent.

firebottle n.obs.: A large, primitive, power-hungry active electrical device, similar in function to a FET but constructed out of glass, metal, and vacuum. Characterized by high cost, low density, low reliability, high-temperature operation, and high power dissipation. Sometimes mistakenly called a `tube' in the U.S. or a `valve' in England; another hackish term is glassfet.