Re: [NTLK] Another Newbie Question

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 15:02:15 EST

In a previous message, Nirai typed vigorously:

>In short, I certainly would like to receive a copy of the
>original software that came with these beauties (and be
>willing to pay and have an FPO AP address for mailing).

Most of the original software is available on UNNA (the United Network of
Newton Archives). Specifically, the entire CD that shipped with the
MP2100 can be downloaded here:

     http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/software/2100CDROM/

Connection utilities, documentation and other bits are here:

     http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/

>A plus for me would be to have the Newtgroup provide a
>suggested best short list of software programs that work
>well with the MessagePad and links or/and resources.

There are several threads in the NewtonTalk mailing list archives that
cover this very topic:

Top 10 newton programs
     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101569169400001

Software reccomendation and Surfing!
     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=104146284400002

Other users have posted their own lists as well:

     http://home.earthlink.net/~firstvln/bytesize/mynewt.html

Everyone will have there own opinion, of course.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/
Online community web site handyman. http://www.newted.net/