Re: [NTLK] The Once Legendary 2100 fails

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 17:26:19 EST

On 22/01/03 16:56, "Rodney Withers" <mryendor_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I tried all options presented by the community and
> what I found. I'm still getting no response from
> stylus inputs and actions, blank green screen, frozen
> slips on the desktop, and no controls.
>
> I contacted Apple and set it up for service.
>
> I walked through a couple of scenarios with a tech but
> nothing change nor new discoveries were made.
>
> The big problem appears to be why the machine doesn't
> response to the stylus when a valid interface is
> shown.
>
> Unless there is an alternative to this problem,
> besides cracking it open myself, I am sending it to
> Apple for service.

So, Apple is accepting it? I've heard that they were starting to be really
picky about the kind of damage they were accepting to fix. Would you care to
share with us how much it is right now? It used to be around $180 to fix
*everything* that was wrong with your Newton, which, in some cases, wasn't
bad at all...

Sorry about your problem, it seems to be a weird hardware problem.

-Laurent.

"Heuristics are bug ridden by definition. If they didn't have bugs,
then they'd be algorithms."