Re: [NTLK] syncing 130 to G4

From: Suannp_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 00:31:50 EST

In a message dated 1/22/03 2:19:36 PM, dearjohn_at_everchanging.com writes:

<<
> Hi, does anyone have info on the Belkin adapters? I found a Belkin USB
> Serial
> Adapter that is Mac/Palm & pocket pc compatible. Will this work to
> connect my
> 130 to my Mac G4 with OS9? Or will I need to order a Keyspan adapter?

I'm pretty sure the Belkin adapters don't work; they don't have any
native Mac OS X drivers, so they will only function within Classic.

Well, I seem to have got it to work. I found the Belkin at a computer store
for $24 (Canadian-I'm in Toronto) so I decided to give it a try before I
shelled out $69 for the Keyspan. I downloaded NCU from the UNNA web site and
installed the software that came with the adapter. Then I plugged the Belkin
adapter into the Belkin USB hub I have. In NCU preferences, I clicked
appletalk & serial to USB and the connection worked. I am running OS 9.0.4 on
my G4 and am working on upgrading to 9.2. I don't have any software installed
to sync with my 130.

Besides backup, all I really care about will be syncing Pocket Quicken with
Quicken on my computer. I hope to get the program set up in a day or two. I
hope it is self-explanatory because I can't find any documentation on how to
do this. Any advice.

I am very pleased with my 130. I've only had it for about 3 weeks, but I am
quite attached to it already.

Long-time Mac user, Su

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html