[NTLK] More Filepad help (sync)

From: im-wired_at_attbi.com
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 18:34:33 EST

Well, the migration to Filepad for contact management is underway.

I've managed to export from Newton "Names" app and re-import the delimited
text into File Pad.

I haven't attempte the Syncronicity piece yet because I still have some more
data massaging where my Index field (unique record identifier) scheme is
concerned. My question however is about the part of the documention for
Syncronicity that states (very paraphrased) "...you can syncronize your Newton
with a subset of your filemaker database..."

How do you controll which subset from the FMP database you're working with.

i.e. the Newton currently has about 180 records in it. The FMP database has
over 400. I don't need all of those in the Newt so I dont want them all to
come rushing in the first time I sync. I realize that Filepad Syncronicity
will add records to the FMP database that are freshly entered into the Newt...
so my concern is that the reverse will be true as well.

Can someone enlighten me before I dive in head first tonight? (I'll be
working with a safe copy of the FMP database, of course.)

Thanks to all,
David B.
Beaverton, OR
Newt 2100