Re: [NTLK] 2100 won't recognize screen inputs and freezes

From: Rodney Withers (mryendor_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 21:43:33 EST

Update on the failing Newton.

Before I decided to send my trusty Newton to Apple for
repair or cracking the case open to discover the
issue, I decided to let my little buddy sit, stripped
clean, for a day and a half.

After placing it in jail for that time, I plugged in
the adapter, performed a soft reset, and viola -- it
turned on.

I'm sure you all can agree with the relief that swam
over me. I want to thank all of you for the links to
helpful information, personal emails, and etc -- I'm
back on track.

I'm working a contract gig and I took it to work
today. Many jaws dropped, first in amusement but
eventually in awe, as I kept up with the cronies
hacking away on their laptops.

thanks again,

rw