Re: [NTLK] Best way to move data and apps from 130 to 2100?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 21:11:07 EST

on 25/01/03 18:50, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_euronet.nl wrote:

>>> I thought there were a few packages from NIE that would refuse to install on
>>> anything other than NOS 2.1???
>> Yeah, like... all of them. You can't install NIE 2.0 on a 130, therefore
>> this
>> won't work at all.
>
> Sorry if I was completely wrong there, but I thought that since most
> packages are 2.0, there aren't that many that are 2.1 only this would work.
>
> And I remember somebody on the list installing the Ethernet parts of NIE 2.0
> on a 130. (and even getting some reaction from the Ethernet card, though
> never a working connection)
>
> Is my memory playing tricks on me here?

I don't think so, Robert. I also remember someone who was able to install
some packages, I think, but never got it to work and some packages would
refuse to install on the 130. I don't remember anything specific, though...

-Laurent.

geek n.: A person who has chosen concentration rather than conformity; one who pursues skill (especially technical skill) and imagination, not mainstream social acceptance. Geeks usually have a strong case of neophilia. Most geeks are adept with computers and treat hacker as a term of respect, but not all are hackers themselves - and some who are in fact hackers normally call themselves geeks anyway, because they (quite properly) regard `hacker' as a label that should be bestowed by others rather than self-assumed.