Re: [NTLK] Still have email problems

From: Michael Detlefsen (mdetlefsen_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 22:11:29 EST

On Saturday, January 25, 2003, at 08:13 PM, Robert Benschop at
rbenschop_at_euronet.nl wrote:

> on 23-01-2003 11:05, Michael Detlefsen at mdetlefsen_at_mac.com wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm still unable to receive email with either of my ISPs using
>> my
>> Newt 2000. I can send email, but I cannot receive any
>
> As far as I know most ISP's don't require sending authentication, but
> they
> do for receiving, so the fact that you can do everything except sending
> would make sense.
> So you probably got your POP password wrong.
>

> Robert Benschop

That explains the sending part, OK.

  I'm having the receive problem with two different ISP's, so I think
the odds of having gotten both passwords wrong are fairly low. I have
checked and re-typed them both multiple times.

Beats me. I'm not having the problem with any of the other four
computers I use to get my email.

Mike

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html