Re: [NTLK] Best way to fix jaggies?

From: MM (mm_at_abasurf.ch)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 09:59:56 PST

"Laurent Daudelin" wrote @ 26.1.2003 18:27 Uhr /
<laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net>:
> If this is the definitive answer, then this should be added to the FAQ and
> other various places. So the theory of running a thin business card along
> the edge was maybe not that much of a fairytale, after all...
This business card or ribbon contact cleaning touched the bad point too but
w/o a final solution. Dirt between case and touch screen increases the
pressure and might cause jaggies. After checking out carefully the upper
case part I found that you can easily twist it and that the two jaggied
cases where sort of pre-twisted towards the touch screen. The fact that some
Newtons get jaggied and others not might be reasoned by different mixtures
of plastics or e.g. different temperatures or UV exposure or the like black
magic. During repair I've collected some photographs with my brand new IXUS
V and I would like to put a few pages for my Newton website together. A link
in the FAQ would then be enough.

BTW, I would like to offer jaggies removing to all plagued Newtoneers if
this is wanted. Mailto:n_at_abasurf.ch for details.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!
Marco Mailand