Re: [NTLK] Gratuitous Backdrop Image Question

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 14:30:40 PST

Newton Press supports the full 16 shade display of the
Newton. You may have to upgrade it to Newton Press 1.1
I regularly create full 16 shade images using Newton
Press 1.1.....but then again, I don't use a Mac, I'm
strictly Windows, and Newton Press has proven its self
many times over, it prefers development on Windows
instead of Macs.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Sonya Hipper <sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Here's a silly question about nothing more useful
> than a backdrop image
> (you know...the fun, fluffy stuff!)...
>
> I was able to scrounge a copy of Newton Press and
> get Avi's Backdrop
> and create a book and all that stuff to set an image
> as my backdrop on
> my Newt 2000U, but Newton Press would only support
> 1-bit color depth
> and I really want the image to take advantage of my
> Newt's 16-gray
> display.
>
> Which bookmakers out there support the greater color
> depth? Or, failing
> that, should I maybe get the backdrop image into
> NewtsCape somehow to
> make it a newtbook from there...and if so, how?
>
> Thanks!
> -Sonya

=====
May every SPAM you receive magically come true.
 -Spencer F. Katt; eWeek magazine