[NTLK] Japanese NLK Interest?

From: Tracey Northcott (tracey_at_enfour.co.jp)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 22:16:29 PST

>Here's a question: Any chance in Hades of ever getting NLK and Japanese
>entry methods with even the limited support of a basic English
>translation outside of Japan again? I realize the support logistics are
>nightmarish to do it right for the rest of the world, but I've just
>gotten the second request from someone for PDA recommendations that can
>handle Japanese, and I've only been able to say "Well, wait until you
>get to Osaka again, and buy one there" instead of being able to say "Go
>get a Newton 2100 from ebay or someplace, and send Y20,000 to this place
>and you'll get a CD with the stuff to make your Newton handle Japanese,
>and you can use it everywhere then."

Please direct all inquiries regarding this software product to me. As we
are the original developers, we have all of the code we have every writen
locked away in a safe. It is easy to pull it out and burn a CD if
someone is willing to pay for the software, CD and the shipping.

PayPal actually make it easier now so I am more willing to make
individual software sales than before - I am even willing to encrpt and
email the software if this is preferred.

We have not nor are we going to produce and english manual. But I am
available on email for support etc. I would suggest that if you are
interested in using Japanese on your Newton that you have a basic
understanding of the language and standard IME's as the support will not
lend itself to Japanese teaching. But we did produce a wonderful
application called UniDICT of which I still have a few copies that is a
great Eng-Japanese dictionary. We have subsequently released a Mac
version (Not OS X yet so please don't ask me) and one for Symbian to work
with the respective UniFEP versions.

So if you want NLK - drop me a line off-list and I will work it out for you.

Cheers,
Tracey
=================================
Tracey Northcott