Re: [NTLK] Best way to fix jaggies?

From: Marco Mailand (N_at_abasurf.ch)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 01:22:39 PST

"Patrick Jendraszak" wrote @ 26.1.2003 20:16 Uhr /
<indyibook_at_insightbb.com>:
> If the problem is the pressure along the right side of the Newton (and
> that seems very likely given my personal experience as well), do you
> think that using a screen protector that requires placement between the
> upper case and the touch screen can also exacerbate the problem? While
> I have used products like NuShields before, I am concerned that they
> might increase the pressure and either cause or contribute to the
> "jaggies."
This is definitely the case but the pressure varies. W/o dirt between
NuShield, case and screen the pressure is sort of evenly distributed and as
soon as spot like particles of dirt go into the gap the problem becomes
evident. Curing is obvious: increase the spacing by e.g. scraping off
material. BTW, I also tried to measure and found that the screen digitizer
works with some sort of resistance measurement. There is a varying
resistance measurable between some of the four digitizer ribbon cable wires
which changes according to the pen position. It must be some sort of bridge
arrangement to be insensitive to voltage changes but I couldn't figure it
out how it works.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!
Marco Mailand