Re: [NTLK] NewtSync -- Oh! Oh! -- Pkg? Sheez!

From: Damien Batstone (djb_at_er.dtu.dk)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 04:07:36 PST

> > And maybe some experienced OS X head can tell me what to do with it, I
> get a
> > DockTrnspTCPIP.pkg with a nice box icon that cannot be opened (bill of
> > materials is not found)
>
>That's a Newton package, drop it on packager and install it onto your Newton
>first - it's the TCP/IP dock transport from Thomas T's DIL Tester app.
>
>For Newton Dock connections, the computer (desktop) is always the server,
>so I
>assume you run the PkgInstall from a terminal session with the filename, and
>then Dock from your Newton to your.desktop.ip.addr:49252...

As noted in a previous message, TCPdock sometimes doesn't install
properly. If it immediately quits out with "no link setup defined",
without accessing the ethernet card, try reinstalling. I had this problem,
and so did someone else who emailed me. Maybe it has something to do with
install order.

/Damien

Damien Batstone
Environment & Resources DTU