Re: [NTLK] PowerBook IrDA adapter that works with a Newt?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 08:01:17 PST

Ā (At) 17:46 +0200 28/01/03, Eckhart Koeppen écrivait (wrote) :
>IrOBEX goes then on top of TinyTP
>and shouldn't be to difficult to implement. The package
>installation protocol also sits on top of IrLMP. I haven't looked
>deeper into that but it shouldn't be black magic to implement it.
>The protocol is documented anyway. The only thing the Newton
>hardware can't do is FIR (4Mpbs IrDA).

Er. The Newton natively handles package installation on top of IrLMP
via the Dock application. Unless you want to implement it for
NewtonOS 2.0, I can't see why you would like to re-implement it.

What would be nice is IrLMP on desktop platforms. We have Thomas'
DILTester that can do it on OS 9, but there is no software available
on any other platform to do that, when the platform actually has
IrLMP support....

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/