[NTLK] Recommend Palm or PocketPC device?

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 11:33:45 PST

I realize that this is a somewhat odd request for the NewtonTalk list, but the
truth is that I want the opinions of Newton users -- since they are much more
familiar with what I'd like, of course.

The situation is that there are now several specific applications that I need
to run on a handheld/PDA (for either work or personal usage) that just aren't
available on the Newton. So, I'm considering either switching -- or at least
picking up a second handheld to run them.

Therefore, I'm interested in the opinions of other Newton (or ex-Newton by
force) users that have gone to a Palm or PocketPC device for whatever reason.

I'd like a unit that has a large screen (at least the Newton's resolution,
although I'd like the large physical size too if possible). But, from what
I've seen, nothing is that big these days except Tablet PCs -- which isn't
what I'm looking for. I also would like handwriting recognition ON THE SCREEN
(not into some little box) -- like the Newton has.

The unit has to work with AppForge (see
http://www.appforge.com/devices/index.html for a list of devices). So, if
anyone is familiar with AppForge -- or with any of the specific Palm or
PocketPC devices on that list -- I would really be interested in your opinions
on them.

Thanks very much!

 - John...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html