Re: [NTLK] Connecting mac using asantetalk - Newbie problems

From: This Old Newt (rich_at_thisoldnewt.net)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 06:26:45 PST

Quoting Norman Palardy <palardyn_at_shaw.ca>:

> Russ
> Boot into 9 and see if Appletalk is set up to run over ethernet or not
> It should be
>
> Make sure it is enabled on the ethernet port under OS X as well
>
> On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 08:57 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
> >
> > Back when I did use the AsanteTalk for my Newton, I don't remember
> > having to
> > mess around any zone setting. I'm however not sure what OS I was
> > running on
> > my Mac at that time. Right now, I'm using AppleTalk over Ethernet and
>
> > it
> > works fine with NCU under Classic.

This could be a similar problem I had with X and ethernet and appletalk in NCU.
I posted a dummies guide to connecting to NCU in Classic without rebooting into 9.2
There is some problem that X drops the appletalk connection if it is not constant.
Do a quick search in the list archives at marc author "this old newt"
I took Antons instructions and made them a bit idiot proof for us non IT professionals.
It may explain some apple talk connectivity problems.
I just jumped in. I hope this is on topic and I was reading the end of this thread correctly.

Keep the Green™

Rich
This Old Newt
www.thisoldnewt.net
Updated and Fresh Newton Information & Entertainment 1997-2003

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html