Re: [NTLK] culinary question

From: Norman Palardy (palardyn_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 21:29:32 PST

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 10:18 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> on 29/01/03 23:18, Norman Palardy at palardyn_at_shaw.ca wrote:

>>> Sounds good! It's a shame I can't eat stuff like that anymore (heart
>>> patient).
>>> John
>>
>> You really aren't missing much
>> Poutine is icckkkkkk
>
> Hey, to each its own! I like poutine, but I admit I don't eat it very
> often,
> certainly not as often as I would like. Problem is getting the fresh
> curd
> cheese needed for the recipe here, in the middle of the US, in
> Virginia...

You can eat it if you want but being French Canadian and hating poutine
makes me some kind of social pariah or maybe even unpatriotic but I
just cannot eat it (or sit near it .... icck ,,,,)

I just can't stand the stuff. I've tried it darned near everywhere I've
visited and lived in Canada and "good" simply never enter my vocabulary
to describe it
Now there are a few items on our local culinary regimen that I can
guarantee folks would have every right to say iccckkkkk to.

Prairie Oysters spring to mind. LOL ... and yes .... I've eaten them

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html