Re: [NTLK] 2003 ibook & classic or NTK in X

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 07:25:10 PST

on 1/30/03 10:05 AM, peter brigg at pbrigg_at_uoguelph.ca wrote:

> Classic will still boot IN 10.2.3 so you can run Classic apps. You just
> cannot boot the computer in 9.2.2. 9.2.2 comes in 10.2.3.

Not true. iBooks, iMacs and eMacs can currently all boot directly into
9.2.2. Given the pronouncements from Cupertino, it's probably a safe bet
that the next updates of these machines will no longer support booting into
OS 9. (Although I'd lay odds that one low-end version of each, for the
education market, will still retain OS 9 boot capability for a while.)

- Eric.

There is never a single right solution. There are always multiple
wrong ones, though.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html