Re: [NTLK] DHCP working with Orinoco Wireless/ABS? (was Re: questions on Newton

From: Darrell Greenwood (lists1_at_telus.net)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 10:22:07 PST

On 1/31/03 at 8:22 AM -0300, Luiz Petroni wrote :

>> From: Bill Miranda <wmiranda_at_softhome.net>
>> I use an Asante wireless router instead of an airport. On the slip that
>> comes up when you insert the wireless card, I have set it up as
>> follows: I checked the box that says "Use card for Apple Talk." On
>> internet setup I have set the configuration for "DHCP server". I left
>> the domain name as <None>. If i enter a domain name it doesn't work.
>
>I have my system set exactly as Bill and it's working with no problems with
>my D-Link DI-704 DHCP server. Maybe the problem is with the domain name as
>like Bill, I also have connection problems when I set a domain name.
>
>If you are using WEP check if you entered the wep key in hexdec correctly
>and in all caps.
>
>--lpetroni

Thanks Bill. Thanks Ipetroni. Your information is very helpful. I
have configuration set the same way also (except I am using an Apple
Base Station). I have no domain name entered. WEP hexdec is entered
correctly and working. I switch to manual configuration, the
connection works. I switch to wired, DHCP works.

I will try deleting the configuration and entering it again as this
is noted on the driver home page for cards not working properly. I've
done that once already and it didn't help though.

I am still looking for someone using a Apple Base Station, Orinoco
Silver wireless card, and the DHCP configuration successfully.
Anybody out there?

Many thanks,

Darrell

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html