[NTLK] Resolution of tablet required for InkWell?

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 17:20:06 PST

   I haven't used InkWell yet because I don't have a USB graphics tablet
- just an old ArtZ ADB with a converter. I asked on the darwin-drivers
list whether a shim graphics tablet driver could be built that would
let InkWell work with a iBook/PowerBook's trackpad (with a stylus that
would emulate finger capacitance). The response I got was, yet, but
the resolution isn't good enough. Does this make any sense? I can't
imagine that the resolution of the Newton touchpad is much more than
the iBook trackpad (unless the Newton touchpad's resolution that goes
into the Inker is greater than the screen resolution). The other
possibility is that the algorithms for InkWell use more data than those
in the Newton.

Jim

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html