Re: [NTLK] Newton not working

From: Nicolas Zinovieff (krugazor_at_free.fr)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 05:22:09 PDT

On Friday 04 July 2003 13:37, Allan Ngaparu wrote:
> I imagine this is a programmed response to events where the Newton stops
> suddenly when there is no power available and then it is repowered.

Correct.

> Well I
> fiddled again today and now it doesnt want to restart.. I have replaced the
> batteries without any success. Could someone who has knowledgle of or
> experience with this sort of problem help me to get it going again.

I had the problem several times before with a AA-batteries pack... Hasn't
happened in a while, though...
OK, here is the thing I suspect: There are some capacitors that hold a charge
somewhere. They have to be discharged to get the Newton to boot again.

Remove the battery pack for at least an hour (I had to wait for a whole night
once...), and reboot. It should take a little longer to boot (the boot screen
will take longer to appear), but in the end it works :)

I have no clue to the WHY though...

--
My love runs by like a day in June,
	And he makes no friends of sorrows.