Re: [NTLK] New to Newtons

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 18:34:54 PDT

Hi Trish,
Welcome.
It is possible to install packages with the iMac ir port using DIL
tester, but if your desktop G3 is a beige G3 with a serial port then
that will be your best way. You will need to install Newton Connection
Utilities on your Mac it can be found at http://dc.unna.org/
   Instead of buying a dongle for $40 buy PCBman's SER 001 board
http://www.members.tripod.com/mrpcbman/ .
Read the FAQ regarding methods of installing software.
If you know another newton user borrow a dongle to install ethernet
software and use an ethernet card for installing and doing backups.
Good luck
Woody Smith

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html