Re: [NTLK] flash card problem

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 16:18:07 PDT

on 05/07/03 17:15, Edward Humes at ehumes_at_mac.com wrote:

> Laurent,
>
> By opening preferences, do you mean displaying the preferences menu:
> the list of secruity, locale, sound, recording, etc.? There's nothing
> on that that pertains to memory (except my ATA Support prefs, but those
> don't apply here). Is there some more specific prefs I need to open?
>
> In any case, I did tap the prefs package in my extras drawer so that it
> displayed the above mentioned list, then inserted the card,
> but nothing happens other than the newton light bulb coming on and
> staying on at the top of the screen. The newt freezes and has to be
> reset (although if I remove the card without resetting, i get a box
> that warns me to return the card or risk damaing data).
>
> I searched the faq for some refernece to this, but came up empty. very
> frustrating.
>
> I take it that when you put the card in with prefs open, you're
> supposed to get a dialog?

You should get the dialog to format the card almost immediately. I'm afraid
that your card is toasted, unfortunately...

-Laurent.

code police n.: [by analogy with George Orwell's `thought police'] A
mythical team of Gestapo-like storm troopers that might burst into one's
office and arrest one for violating programming style rules. May be used
either seriously, to underline a claim that a particular style violation is
dangerous, or ironically, to suggest that the practice under discussion is
condemned mainly by anal-retentive weenies. "Dike out that goto or the code
police will get you!" The ironic usage is perhaps more common.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html