[NTLK] Survey on PCMCIA Cards

From: MJJ14_at_aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 11:03:56 PDT

It's me again,
I know that there is a lot of discussion on the list about wireless cards,
ethernet cards, and the like for the Newton. I haven't been able to keep up
with all the posts this summer, as I am busy doing things away from my computer
(gee, I am a dork haha). Anyway, I have a 2100 and I wanted to purchase the
following for my Newton:

Ethernet card
56k modem card
Wireless LAN card
Nokia cell phone card (on J&K's website)

I would prefer X-jack's on the modem and ethernet card if possible, but I can
live with a dongle if I have to. I currently have a 3Com ethernet card and I
can't get it to work for the life of me (yes, I have installed all the
packages and in differing sequences, as many people have posted this problem before)
so I want to sell that one and start all over again. What cards would you
guys recommend for me? The Nokia card looks pretty cool since I have a Nokia
cell phone and a really good nation plan. Has anyone bought one from J&K and
had success with it? As for the other cards, you regulars out there know a lot
more about the good and bad than I do, so I just want to get a quick
summary/survey from some of you to minimize my researching. Once I get all these cards
set up the right way, I'll be able to pretty much go anywhere and be
connected. Thanks for your input!

-Matt

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html