Re: [NTLK] AppleTalk in 10.2.6 follow-up

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 08:09:50 PDT

On 08/07/03 10:54, "Bruce E. Durocher II" <bedii_at_qwest.net> wrote:

> So far, I haven't been able to get this method to work. The
> only additional information I can add is that if I try to pull up
> "AirPort" from Classic I get "The application "AirPort" is not
> supported by Classic."
> I hope the folks working on NewtSync or Escale add file
> transfer of Newton Works documents soon, so I can kiss NCU goodby
> forever...

Sure, but in the meantime, you might want to reboot in 9 and make sure that
AppleTalk is set to use AirPort there. Then, try to connect using NCU, right
in 9. If it works, reboot in X. Do not, if possible, open Classic until
you're ready to sync with NCU, or make sure that you set the option to put
Classic to sleep to 'never' in the Classic 'Advanced' preferences. Then,
open Network preferences and make sure that AppleTalk is active. It's
working for me, so it should be working for you...

-Laurent.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html