Re: [NTLK] AppleTalk in 10.2.6 follow-up

From: Scotty Technoir (technoir_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 00:19:24 PDT

On 8.7.2003 9:48 pm, "Glen Swanson" <glen_at_swanson.dk> wrote:

> On 7/8/03 22:09, "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com> wrote:
>
>>> So far, I haven't been able to get this method to work.
>> Sure, but in the meantime, you might want to reboot in 9
>> ... It's
>> working for me, so it should be working for you...
>>
> Laurent,
> I just don't get it. I'm in the same situation and have gone through the
> procedure you've described. Everything does work nicely when I boot into OS9
> but fails in OSX with NCU in classic.

go figure. I just installed OS 9 and have been playing around with Classic.
I booted into 9 a few times and checked out the AppleTalk settings etc.
Everything looked normal so I booted back to X and tried NCU thru Classic. I
connected via AppleTalk, backed up the Newt and installed a couple pkgs. No
problems, everything worked the first time. who knows for how long it will
stay that way, but for now I'd say it was pretty darn easy. note that my
installations of 9 and X are fresh as of 3 days ago. freshness may count!?

good luck
scotty technoir

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html