[NTLK] Delurking and ser-001

From: ALAN SHAW (alanshaw_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 19:04:52 PDT

>I ordered a couple of ser-001s and I assuming they come with
>installation instructions. Until that arrives, can someone outline
>what is required ...

The ser-001s I bought came with printed instructions. Everything worked
fine and I am not a technical whiz. If I could do it, you sure can.
Just take deep breaths and work slowly.

Frank Gruendel's (sorry for the spelling) excellent site
(http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html) has step-by-step
instructions with photos on taking Newtons apart. I found this link
especially helpful for visual folks like me who like to see pretty
pictures in addition to following the printed instructions. And his
tips are very, very helpful.

A final thought: The above link goes into far more disassembly of the
2100 than is required when you install a SER-001. All that involves is
taking the back off. So relax!

Alan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html