Re: [NTLK] 64 meg linear flash and newt?

From: Edward Humes (ehumes_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 20:52:55 PDT

I'm using the Sandisk 256 mb ATA card with paul's driver, too, with the
card divided into three equal stores (Paul's recommendation), which
I've filled with MP3 files. When a download to one of the stores was
interrupted, the file was corrupted and kept freezing the Newt. Only
cure was to reformat the entire store.

Other than that, the driver and card work well. Mad Max has a tendency
to freeze sometimes and require a reset when the MP3 files are
displayed in menu mode, but I'm not sure if this is the card/driver, or
simply a function of the newton's dislike for having to deal with so
many large files. The reset cures the problem (until the next time).

One other odd problem is my inability to store book files I created
with the Paperback packager. Everytime I've tried it, the files have
become corrupted after the card has been removed and remounted. Didn't
seem to happen with Newtonbooks, though.

Ed

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html