Re: [NTLK] Delurking and ser-001

From: Julian Wright (julianwr_at_paradise.net.nz)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 21:23:36 PDT

On 15 Jul 2003 at 0:05, scott wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> Well, since I've delurked . . .
>
> I ordered a couple of ser-001s and I assuming they come with
> installation instructions. Until that arrives, can someone outline
> what is required for the install - I've not taken a newt apart before
> and am a little . . . erm . . . concerned :-)
>

> Thanks,
> Scott
>
> PS: Anyone else on the list in NZ?
> [Waves to Tony in Christchurch]
> --
> Wellington, New Zealand

Hi Scott. I too live in Wellington. Maybe we should start a NUG? :)

Anyway, I just received my SER-001 yesterday and installed it today. It
came with a single sheet ot instructions that were pretty easy to
follow, but had no diagrams. But then, I have had a little prior
experience pulling my MP120 apart to replace a broken touch screen.

By comparison, installing the SER-001 was trivial. Remove four screws,
pop off the back cover, remove the blanking plate, plug in the SER-001,
screw it down, then replace the cover and screws. Hardest part is
removing the cover. Slow and steady worked for me. If you want a hand
with it though, let me know.

Cheers, Julian.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html