Re: [NTLK] NewtSync

From: Michael Lye (mlye_at_ids.net)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 05:09:58 PDT

I just went through this and was successful so I'll try to help out.
I'm using a crossover cable for a direct connection to a B&W G3
(10.2.6). I made a new Network location called Newtsync and set the IP
address on the Mac to 192.168.1.1 and on the Newton 192.168.1.2 with
TCP/IP configured manually. Also in the Network panel I rearranged the
Network Port configurations so that Built-in Ethernet was first on the
list. I think it was this last change that made the difference for me.

I tried a few other things as well in the process but I think these are
the key points. If that doesn't help, I can try to go through it in
more detail with you.

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html