Re: [NTLK] where to buy a serial cable

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 12:11:25 PDT

On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 01:20 PM, suppaman wrote:

>> If you have an old mac sitting around you can use that with any
>> imagewriter/stylewriter type serial cable (peripheral 8 cable).
>
> I'd like to develop some apps, from what I've seen I need to use mac os
> classic..
Search the archives for Paul Guyot discussion of the various plusses
and minuses of developing on OSX/classic.
http://newtontalk.net/archive
<snip>
> I need the dongle, how much does it cost ?

Don't know, you could try JKsales
http://jksalesinc.com
>> Once you get your newton (2000/2100) setup this way then you can use
>> either an ethernet card or a wireless card with it, and move to a more
>> modern mac.
> Btw I've got an unused airport card in my ibook, could I use it with
> newton?
No, you need a PCMCIA type card like the orinoco wavelan gold/silver
check the developers website for compatibility with the driver.
http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm
> <snip>
Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html