Re: [NTLK] 2100 battery charging time

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2003 - 09:26:15 PDT

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 08:24:33AM -0700, Nicholas F Pasch wrote:

> You might want to be a little cautious about totally flattening a NiMH
> battery pack. They doesn't like to be completely run out. NiCad's seem to
> like it, but NiMH's don't. On the other hand, if Apple knew about this and
> biased the state of charge meter to keep you away from total croak out when
> it reported fully discharged, then you are ok.

The Newt is smart enough that it won't completely flatten a NiMH, IIRC.
It'll complain muchly, and then shut itself off somewhere above
completely dead. I don't tend to let mine get that low, though, because
it never happens where it's convenient to charge it, and I'd rather
take the charge early instead of running out of juice in the middle of a
presentation that I'm taking notes on.

--
41. Once my power is secure, I will destroy all those pesky time-travel
    devices.