[NTLK] eMate and the Internet

From: Matt Janeczek (MJJ14_at_aol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 18:18:11 PDT

 Since I get about 200 emails from the list every time I sign on, why not
addone more to the bunch, haha! I'm just joking, I love hearing from you
guys. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know, I connected to the
internet for the first time today with my eMate. I used a 56k modem card
andmy roommate's dial up, and boy I am so impressed it worked so easily! I
had to dig for the DNS number, but after that, bam, connected and loaded my
web pages like nothing. True plug and play, back when Microsoft was still
struggling with Windows 95. I tell you, the more I invest in old Apple
stuff, the more I appreciate the caliber of the company. Today, technology
has become very advanced and a lot more user friendly across the board.
Apple always leads in innovation of course, but if you look back 10 years, a
lot of the things Apple made and sold back then are still pretty much
standard today! My god, I use my eMate and a beige G3 tower with OS 9.
While a G5 would be pretty cool, I am content with my setup. I never have a
problem, everything works seamlessly. Well, enough of my blabbering, just
some food for thought, although most of you guys feel the same way I'm sure,
haha! Cya!
-Matt

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html