Re: [NTLK] [OT] newton with a disk drive?

From: GE (gerard.evrard_at_free.fr)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 15:30:01 PDT

> BTW, are LX's still available (2nd hand)? If they are as indistructible
> as
> the 41 range from HP, they should still be a good second machine, and of
> course, much cheaper.

(added [OT])

Take a look at http://www.palmtoppaper.com, but depending on your
definition of cheap, you may be in for a shock, these are NOT cheap !!
Also, the DOS (and a handful of icons/tabbed screens) interface seems
very dated now, while for example (!) the Newton, which is not so far
time-wise, remains a top value on ergonomy and ease of use.
I keep my 200LX boxed permanently for that reason.

Good luck.
        G.E.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html