Re: [NTLK] Power consumption of network cards

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 16:13:00 PDT

On Friday 25 July 2003 00:02, Peter H. Coffin wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 05:14:09PM -0400, James Elliott wrote:
> > Doesn't Avi's have a feature wherein it measures power consumption?
>
> So it does....
>
> card is Etherlink III.
>
> backlight on, with idle card in: ~87mA
> backlight on, card ejected: ~84mA
> backlight on, card freshly inserted: ~135mA
> backlight on, card idles again after 10 seconds: ~87mA
>
> So the card when just sitting there, draws an additional ~3mA. That's
> not much.

Thanks everyone!

The reason I asked is that, with my router's impending arrival, I'm now
seriously considering making my Newton my primary mail and news machine.

I'd love to make it my financial machine as well, but I don't see any way
of getting Netscape 4.77 on a Newton, which is the only version (save the
Evil One that shall not be mentioned[1]) that works with my braindead
bank.

____
[1] OK, OK. It's Internet Explorer. Happy now?

--
Karel Jansens.
Don't send me HTML-based e-mails, my mail program is set up to ignore them.