[NTLK] Please help: Simplemail Errors

From: Paul Vaughan (paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 22:32:32 PDT

Hi,

After stuggling for weeks to get my UMP2100 to connect
using WiFi, I can now connect with Nethopper, but
can't get Simplemail to work!

When I try to get mail using 'receive' 'simplemail' in
the In box, it appears to connect to the net and get
as far as the Apple .Mac server, but then gives me the
message "ERRinvalidcommand".

I've used 'debug' to dump to Notes. The authentication
steps are followed by "true", then it lists the prefs
I have set eg "mailDeleteFromServer: nil".

This is followed by:
"POP3 +OK Netscape Messaging Multiplexor ready
->APOP [my user name] [a long string of alphanumeric
characters]
POP3:-ERRinvalidcommand
HandleError 999
-> QUIT POP3: +OK goodbye
HandleError -36003"

Does anybody know what this means, and how to correct
the problem?

Thanks

Paul

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html