Re: [NTLK] pccard

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 20:20:26 PDT

on 26/07/03 14:14, suppaman at suppaman_at_softhome.net wrote:

> Alle 18:50, sabato 26 luglio 2003, Laurent Daudelin ha scritto:
>
>> You cannot write on a flash RAM card in a laptop that was formatted by a
>> Newton. Alternatively, you cannot read a flash RAM card that was formatted
>> by a laptop in a Newton. Maybe some day, we'll be able to do it, but it's
>> not possible at this time.
>
> Didn't knew this.
>
> What is the problem? I think it has got a particular fs, couldn't a driver be
> written?
>
> Where can I find more specs?

That's it. The Macintosh (or DOS) file system is foreign to the Newton, and
vice versa. You could possibly write a driver on one or the other, like I
said "maybe some day, we'll be able to do it, but it's not possible at this
time"...

-Laurent.

bytesexual /bi:t`sek'shu-*l/ adj.: [rare] Said of hardware, denotes
willingness to compute or pass data in either big-endian or little-endian
format (depending, presumably, on a mode bit somewhere). See also NUXI
problem.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html