Re: [NTLK] Help with programming

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 08:29:43 PDT

Il me semble que le 26/07/03 à 14:52 -0500, Michael Burks nous racontait:
>This almost answers my question, the last thing I need to know is . . . do I
>use SetValue to change the icon, and if so, how do I add the new icon to the
>project?

SetValue could do it. You can also set the value directly, this is
not exactly the same as SetValue calls Dirty I think or something
like this. Check the doc.

To add another icon, you have several methods. What I'd do is to add
two slots, say icon_1 and icon_2. When you add them, say you want the
picture editor. Add the pictures to the resources and then you'll be
able to choose them.

When your button is instantiated, set icon to have the value of icon_1.

In fact, there are also methods you can use to build picture frames.
This is what I actually use. But the slot trick works and is easier.

>I am unable to figure out how a button can be clicked and remain hilited.

Overriding viewClickScript is a method to do that.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/