Re: [NTLK] Newtworks to Word/Excel and back

From: Gary Ritchie (gary_at_garyritchie.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 13:43:15 PDT

What about rtf files from other apps? Quickfigure extension, for NCU?
Do you know where i can get that?

I'm new to the newton, haven't used the spreadsheet but i have
transferred rtfs to/fro my 2100. I have found that in order for NCU to
see anything the appropriate Type/Creator codes have to be set in each
and every file you want to transfer. Ideally one would have an
AppleScript folder action to process this when you drop your rtf files
in an "import" folder to be transferred to the Newt. I haven't gotten
that far yet so I use an app called FileType
<http://www.frederikseiffert.de/filetype/>.

RTF type/creator codes: ttxt/RTF
*not sure about excel format.

http://www.garyritchie.com