Re: [NTLK] how do you carry your newton?

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 04:59:16 PDT

I have found a case that looks like it was originally designed for the 100
series Newton. I have modified it for my 2000 series Newton and it works
fine. I have purchased a couple of Calise cases as spares. I used one of
them for about a month but switched back to the other case for two reasons.
First of all, it was more compact. Secondly, the Calise case has pockets on
both sides. Consequently when the machine was laid on a flat surface it
would be slightly warped when pressure was applied while writing. I noticed
that that my machine developed a case of the jaggies. Since returning to
the other case the problem has gone away. This reinforces the theory that
jaggies caused by the touchscreen losing its shape because of either debris
building up between the touchscreen and the case or the way the case rests
on the touchscreen.

I believe that a case is indispensable considering the number of times my
Newton has been dropped or knocked against something. I hope this helps.

Cheers
Tony.

PO Box 33-200
106 Panorama Rd
Sumner
Christchurch
New Zealand
Ph +64-25-339-745
Fax +64-3-326-7712

Hi,
i find it difficult to carry my newton with me fot its size and I am worried
about scratching it, what do you guys use to carry around your newton?

Bye

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html