Re: [NTLK] Sleep without the switch

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 12:32:39 PDT

Quoting David Mills <solidsilver_at_ntlworld.com>:

> Community,
> Until recently I used Dashboard but only really used the shortcut script
> put the Newt to sleep. Now I donšt need all the features of Dashboard but
> wonder if there is a little app out there to do this sole purpose. What do
> people recommend so I donšt have to trial and error with packages from
> UNNA? I want something lean and mean!

Like... PowerOff? IIRC it just adds one button to the backdrop app.

http://toronto.unna.org/unna/utilites/shortcuts/poweroff-114.pkg

Or if this isn't it, I'll write it for you.

> Also, I get fed up of having to tap the caret when using HWR to do a
> Return.
> Is there a shortcut I can adopt where I can scribble something to do it
> automatically and if so ­ how?

Draw a carriage-return symbol at the end of the line. See this previous
thread on the subject:

Here's some bad ASCII "art":

this is my line of text | Start in the middle of the end of the line,
                         | draw down to where the next line would be,
                      ---- then draw left and lift the pen.

"There's nothing, nothing better than / that small computer with a pen.
Because one thing I can't abide / Hardware that won't let me decide." -FG
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html